Why rent from Sienna?
Short answer: because you can count on us. Life shouldn’t be spent fretting over whether the sink will be fixed, you know? Sienna dedicates itself to offering the highest quality rental experience you’ll ever have, and our dedication, communication, and experience allow us to provide it.
Among many other things, we:
- Are 24/7 on emergency maintenance.
- Use only licensed real estate pros as property managers.
- Use professional vendors (painters, handymen, plumbers, carpet cleaners, and so on) to protect the unit. We also inspect the work to make sure everything is ready before you move in.
- Keep deposits in a FDIC insured bank
- Make sure you know all the ins and outs of the lease at signing so nobody gets surprised later.
How do I apply to rent?
Check out our application guidelines to be sure you qualify, then complete our application form and submit it to us along with the application fee for the home you want. We’ll process it and let you know the results.
Will I sign a lease?
Yes, for most of our properties you will sign a 12 month lease that covers our responsibilities to each other throughout our tenancy. We will go over each part of the lease to ensure you understand it. After your application is accepted, your deposit is received, and your lease is signed, we’ll hand you the keys to your home!
Can my security deposit be applied towards last months rent?
NO, the security deposit can NOT be applied towards last months rent.
Section 92.108 of the Texas Property Code states:
- The tenant may not withold payment of any portion of the last month’s rent on the grounds that the security deposit is security for unpaid rent.
- A tenant who violates this section is presumed to have acted in bad faith. A tenant who in bad faith violates this section is liable to the landlord for an amount equal to three times the rent wrongully witheld and the landlord’s reasonable attorney’s fees in a suit to recover the rent.